Help for E1 & E2 Visas

E Investor Visa Attorneys in West Palm Beach

The United States has several treaties with many countries around the globe that allow foreign nationals conduct business on US soil, or to manage significant financial investments. Sarah S. Rama, ESQ, LL.M. understands the complexities that foreign citizens face when doing business in America. We have significant experience helping foreign nationals determine their eligibility to obtain E1 & E2 visas, thereby allowing you to conduct business, manage investments, and to bring their family along for the duration of the visa to the United States.

Unlike permanent resident investor visa status, which requires a $1 million dollar threshold, there are no fixed dollar limits to treaty investment. Foreign nationals requiring E-1 or E-2 visas can pursue long-term business goals with these practical and easier to obtain visas. It is important to partner with an attorney who understands the complexities of immigration business law. Sarah S. Rama, ESQ, LL.M. has worked with various clients looking to immigrate to the United States to conduct business. Contact us today to ensure that your case is handled with care.

Who Qualifies for an E1 Treaty Trader Visa?

Nationals of treaty countries who are involved in a significant amount of trade may qualify for an E1 treaty visa. There is no minimum level of trade required to qualify, though the lower the volume of trade, the less likely you will be to obtain an E1 Visa.

If you are interested in obtaining an E1 Treaty Trader Visa, you must meet the following qualifications. If any of these are unclear, please contact Sarah S. Rama, ESQ, LL.M., and we will help you understand these requirements:

  • You must be a citizen of one of the nearly 60 countries with current treaty agreements with the United States. A business is required to have at least 50% ownership by nationals of the treaty country. There must be significant trade between the United States and the treaty country (more than 50% of the company's international trade). Trade is defined as the exchange, purchase, or sale of goods or services, the transfer of technology, and enforceable binding contracts that call for the immediate exchange of items of trade. Such trade must be continuous and ongoing. You must be considered either the principal trader planning to come to the United States to engage in substantial trade, or as an executive, manager, or employee with special skills crucial to the operation of the company.

Who Qualifies for an E2 Treaty Investor Visa?

Nationals of qualifying countries involved in making significant investments in the United States may qualify for an E2 investor treaty visa. Similar to the E1 treaty trader visa, there are no set minimum levels of investment to qualify for E2 status, though again, the lower the investment, the less likely you are to qualify.

If you require an E2 Investor visa, the following qualifications must be met. If any of these qualifications comes into question, please contact the team at Sarah S. Rama, ESQ, LL.M., and we will answer any questions you may have.

You must be a foreign national of the treaty company. In the case of a business, at least 50% of the company must be owned by nationals of the treaty country. You or the company that you are acting as a representative of must have made, or be in the process of making a significant capital investment (relative to the total value of the company) in a bona fide business enterprise, operating within the United States. You must either be the principal investor, tasked with directing and developing the enterprise, or an executive, supervisor, manager, or employee whose skills are crucial to the operation of the company within the United States. The investment must have the present or future capacity to generate enough income to provide for minimal living standards for the investor, his family, and possibly employees, or have a present or future capacity to make a significant contribution to the American economy.

How long can I Remain in the United States with an E1 or E2 Visa?

E visas are typically issued for two to five years. So long as eligibility continues and the agreement with the treaty company remains intact, extensions of stay in the United States may be granted.

At the border, holders of E visas will be admitted to the United States for a term of two years at each entry (so long as the visa is still valid). Extensions of stay within the United States may be granted for up to two years at a time from the appropriate United States Citizenship & Immigration Services center.

An E visa can be reissued for up to five years at the home consulate by filing the appropriate paperwork and providing necessary documentation establishing ongoing trade or the continued operation of the investment business enterprise. The spouse and children of E visa holders do not require the nationality of the treaty country. Children are permitted to attend schools, and spouses of E visa holders may be eligible to apply for employment authorization documentation.

E1 & E2 Visa for Employees

Upon securing an E1 or E2 visa for the principal applicant, it is generally easy to obtain E visas for qualifying employees of the operation. Obtaining the registration typically takes 4-6 weeks, and obtaining visas for employees generally takes only 10-15 working days depending on the Embassy processing times.

Sarah S. Rama, ESQ, LL.M. has the experience to help you and your business navigate through the process of obtaining an E Visa. Our immigration team has helped many individuals and businesses to begin doing business within the United States. Contact our West Palm Beach immigration lawyers today to schedule a consultation.

Call to Schedule a Consultation

+1 561.744.2611

Limited to Federal Immigration Practice
Admitted in MA Only

Sarah S. Rama, ESQ, LL.M. - West Palm Beach Immigration Lawyer
Located at 777 South Flagler Drive, Suite 800 - West Tower West Palm Beach, FL 33401.
View Map
Phone: (561) 744-2611
Salem Address:
51 Washington Square North, Salem, MA 01970


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Photos Credited to Lightshed Photography Studio, Salem, MA.